Welcome to the PESFan - Pro Evolution Soccer Fansite.

User Tag List

PES Fan Editor

May 2012

Liverpool

Supports:

Everton

vCash
    PES 2014 - Trailer analysis

So far it’s been a pretty good week for PES fans, as yesterday we awoke to a fresh new trailer for PES 2014, and it definitely didn’t fail to impress.

The forums, Twitter & all other areas of social media seem to be alight with joy and optimism for the next edition in the Pro Evolution Soccer series right now and in this article I’m going to break-down the trailer, hoping to point-out certain parts that may have gone under the radar.

So we start off by being shown the annual PES football for this year; a nice red and white colour theme seems to be the selected option. We’re then graced with the club emblem of FC Bayern Mnchen who are the focus point for the complete duration of the video, and not without good reason too, as they were arguably the best team in the world last season.

0:15 – As we get a shot of the team’s lining-up (FC Bayern Mnchen v Santos Futebol Clube) there a few things to point out. The most noticeable thing is of course the unbelievable similarity between the faces and their real-life counterpart’s, although this area of development has always been a strong point for Konami. Two other things to pluck from this scene are the electronic advert-boards in the background, along with the fans tifo display in the stadium, which looks absolutely unbelievable.

As we progress, we get another shot to showcase the improvements made to the atmospheric aspect of the game when we see the Santos team applauding their fans off, numerous flares in full-flow within the midst of the support.

0:25 – Then we get right into the action, as the pink Nike Mercurial Vapors of Mario Mandzukic and the black and yellow Adidas Predators of Thomas Mller get the game underway. As the shot switches to Ribery, you instantly notice how great the turf looks as we then fly through a sequence of quick movement, flicks, tricks and dancing on the ball, the animations looking terrific.

0:37 - We then move onto the first part of the trailer where I want to point something out that may have gone unnoticed. As the ball is chipped through towards a team-mate, Dante comes across and blocks the pass. As he does so, the fans begin to stand and applaud the action, this shows how much progression has been made on the fans aspect inside the stadium. Usually the fans are just objects that move every so often in sequence, but this time they’ve made to react to certain events. If you go to a real-life match, every slide tackle/interception is met with applause and appreciation by the crowd, as Konami have clearly captured accurately this year.

0:40 - We then see Mario Mandzukichit a beautiful outside-foot shot into the top corner, followed by a daisy-cutter being launched into the bottom corner of the goal, both events that PES fans wanted to see more of.

0:45 - Players leaning on each-other for balance/jostling.

0:48 - Now we move on to an impressive part of the trailer. We go into a sort of head-cam style camera, as a battle emerges for the ball between Ribery & Montillo. The players are tussling as they chase the ball, and even physically trying to pull each other back as they battle, a real glimpse of the new M.A.S.S system in-place. When I first saw this part, I immediately thought of the famous Nike TV advert 'take it to the next level.'

0:55 - More perfect turning animations.

1:02 - Here, Lahm is chasing down the ball, and then puts in a strong slide tackle. The tackle itself is impressive, but notice the aggression on Lahm’s face when he does so, that’s what impressed me.

1:12 - Arjen Robben bursts through into some space, and it appears he shape’s himself up to hit a shot on goal, but then notices his team-mate asking for the ball and decides it’s the better option, switching his motion and leaning back as he puts a perfect pass through.

1:17 - ONE HANDED SAVE

1:18 - Now we see an absolutely breath-taking shot of the fans as they bounce up and down with incredible realism, engulfed in the most popular equipment to take to the match nowadays - A smoke bomb. Focus on the man in the centre bouncing up and down with one arm in the air, the realism is, well, unreal. You can also see fans with their shirts off too, quite funny, but also worth noting that it’s never before seen in a football game; a clear indication of the detail Konami have gone into this year.

1:20 - Now this, is in my opinion, is the most impressive part of the trailer. Montillo takes the ball, and battles past two Bayern players, again lots of tussling and grabbing going on in an attempt to win the ball. He plays it out wide for a quick one-two, but the movement he makes straight after the pass is incredible. The way Montillo rotates his body as he goes around Ribery is amazing, keeping the momentum for his run at goal going. A drag back around Dante as he runs on to the finish the move, just getting a quick-touch in to dink the ball over the keeper, as Boateng comes sliding in with a heavy-last ditch tackle which unfortunately isn’t enough. The focus, of course, is on the goal, but I really feel that Boateng’s tackle acts as a clear showcase of the new heart system; the slide-tackle is almost two footed and looks extremely heavy, as the defender obviously knows that they’re going to concede if he doesn’t make this tackle.

We then move towards the end of the trailer, as two final clips show Robben & Ribery both scoring goals.

1:37 - You can see in the background the manager in-discussion with his assistant manager, more activity on the sidelines.

This trailer seems to have created wide-spread positivity surrounding the game, and definitely lots of anticipation, as fans already can’t wait to play it - Heads have well and truly been turned with this one.
    Last edited by MBroadhead_; 13-06-2013 at 09:58 PM.

1st Team Reserve

Jan 2004

Bristol

Supports:

Arsenal

vCash
    PSN ID: Kiareca
    Quote Originally Posted by MBroadhead_ View Post

1:20 - Now this, is in my opinion, is the most impressive part of the trailer. Montillo takes the ball, and battles past two Bayern players, again lots of tussling and grabbing going on in an attempt to win the ball. He plays it out wide for a quick one-two, but the movement he makes straight after the pass is incredible. The way Montillo rotates his body as he goes around Ribery is amazing, keeping the momentum for his run at goal going. A drag back around Dante as he runs on to the finish the move, just getting a quick-touch in to dink the ball over the keeper, as Boateng comes sliding in with a heavy-last ditch tackle which unfortunately isn’t enough. The focus, of course, is on the goal, but I really feel that Boateng’s tackle acts as a clear showcase of the new heart system; the slide-tackle is almost two footed and looks extremely heavy, as the defender obviously knows that they’re going to concede if he doesn’t make this tackle.
    A recreation of Neymar's Goal Of The Year. Bad timing publicity wise for Konami though, seeing as Neymar is now playing for EA sponsored Barcelona.

World Class Player

May 2006

Dublin, Ireland

Supports:

Chelsea

vCash
    PSN ID: MrFitz1
    Am I the only person who thinks the graphics for player faces have diminished a bit?
    Andy Gray know that feel bro

International Player

Dec 2009

back in USA

Supports:

Falcao & James

vCash
    PSN ID: CharlotteWizard
    yeah
    Originally posted by PES for life
    Thiago will win WPOTY within the next 5 years

PES Fan Editor

May 2012

Liverpool

Supports:

Everton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kireca View Post
    A recreation of Neymar's Goal Of The Year. Bad timing publicity wise for Konami though, seeing as Neymar is now playing for EA sponsored Barcelona.
    Ah yeaaah his goal of the year, I knew I knew that drag back to the side thing that Montillo does before haha, good spot mate.

Part Timer

Mar 2010

Brazil

Supports:

So Paulo Futebol Clube

vCash
    PSN ID: Siddorf
    No buddy I agree with you, but I also think that this graphics are bad because this is some kinda beta version!!!!!
    1992, 1993, 2005
    World Champion
    So Paulo Futebol Clube

Vote for the Brazilian League: http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=238173
    So Paulo defeats Corinthians with 100th goal of the goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcx3azD6ero

Thread Information