Welcome to the PESFan - Pro Evolution Soccer Fansite.

User Tag List

Trialist

Oct 2005

Somerset

Supports:

Chelsea

vCash
    Question Stuck in the Middle

Basically on all the PES games I've played I've been able to thrash on 2 stars (or the PES 6 equivalent, I'm not sure what it is) and only draw or lose on 3 stars (I'm very bad). I've looked briefly on your hints and tips but I still can't beat 3 star. Does anyone have any tips to cross over from 2 to 3 star?
    Thanks,
    Guy.

1st Team Reserve

Feb 2007

o

Supports:

c

vCash
    dont play on 3 star- its actually harder than 5 star.

Trialist

Jan 2007

NJ, US

Supports:

Red Devils

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mawifona1 View Post
    yeah, that's true play on top player ( use grey arrows 4 opp to get more time and space)

Trialist

Jul 2005

Chicago, IL

Supports:

Chicago Fire / Fenerbahce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mawifona1 View Post
    Why would you want to play on the easier mode? What makes 5 star easier than 3? I'm sitting on 4 star, 3 seems a bit easy and I'm still getting used to the way 4 is played. Then again, I'm re-starting out with the default ML players.

Retired Referee Curveball Champion

Nov 2005

Pokerstars

Supports:

Ezekiel 25:17

vCash

PSN ID: Please ask
    5 star is easier because the computer is more attacking and leaves more gaps at the back

Youth Team

Apr 2007

England

Supports:

Arsenal

vCash
    Yes! same problem. On 2 star i hit every team on the counter attack and all my players just sprint past the walking defenders.

On level 3 difficulty even the slowest of players will catch up and it is really hard

Trialist

Nov 2005

Somerset, England

Supports:

Liverpool

vCash
    I agree that 5 star is easier than 3 star, but my advice is to change your game plan. Whilst you can quite happily leg it past defenders on 2 star you need to pass around, or use trickery to get through. Alternatively, play two advanced players on either wing, preferably with a bit of pace (I'm currently using Messi and Mitea for Portsmouth... previously C. Ronaldo, Kun Aguero etc have worked, but my advice is sign Messi AS SOON AS YOU CAN) and have a target man in the middle (D Bent at the mo) and bombard with crosses. Mix it up, using single, double, and triple taps for the cross as well as the L1 and circle cross from deep. You should score a hell of a lot of goals! Plus pass, rather than trying to run all the time.

Trialist

Oct 2005

Norwich

Supports:

Liverpool

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Keenandinho10 View Post
    5 star is easier because the computer is more attacking and leaves more gaps at the back
    I just find that when i play at 5 star, the computer is impossible to take the ball off and whenever i get a rare shot at goal (about 4-6 in a 20 minute per half game) it just fluffs right into the keepers gloves or it is deflected into space i try and score (and should score) and the keeper magically collects it before my player makes a move (normally by leaping from a face down position high in the air. So i struggle to keep the scores level for the 40 minutes by lucky clearances from the line and in the 80-90th minutes the cpu goes super mode (most of my players are at 0 fatigue) and absolutely butchers me.

1st Team Reserve

Jul 2007

UK

Supports:

Arsenal

vCash
    i used to play 2* then i moved to 3* found it difficult, but i stuck with it, got better and now i think im ready to move onto 4*

this is pro evo 6 but i cant remember all the names regular etc.
    "Sometimes on a day off I go to the Krispy Kreme doughnut shop. When we play at home, I go there after the game and it's like a doughnut party! Everyone is eating doughnuts inside their cars - it's like a disco!" - Cesc Fabregas

Semi Pro

Dec 2006

London

Supports:

Tottenham

vCash
    use ur tactics and have 1 of them set to apply pressure. also, hold square wenever the cpu has the ball and keep the man u are controlling with another cpu player who u think he is most likely to pass to. it takes a while to get used to but all or most of the good players do it. manual gk helps a lot aswel
    Premier league chiefs are debating as to whether they should force tottenham to print the following message on the back of Berbatovs' shirt,(whenever he strolls onto the pitch), for health and safety reasons: 'Warning, can be extremely lethal when exposed to opposition defenders'

1st Team Reserve

Sep 2007

Glasgow

Supports:

Celtic

vCash
    Be patient when you go looking for the goal, as it will eventually come, so don't try and go on 8 man beating dribbles etc. Just keep it composed, knock it around and an opening will appear. Also, use the 1-2 pass & R2/T, to send your man on the run, alot! If you use them properly, breaking down defenses should be no problemo
    Celtic FC

Thread Information