Welcome to the PESFan - Pro Evolution Soccer Fansite.

User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    World Class Player

Feb 2007

Newcastle

Supports:

Not Newcastle

vCash

PSN ID: Lashley93
    Thanks for this Keenan. Going to definitely try and apply these tips into my game.

Amateur

Nov 2003

aha tryin 2 catch me out

Supports:

Man utd

vCash
    hey i've read a lot of the tips on this site and have tried to implement them in game to stop my mate running through and to an extent it works but Messi and Eto are ridulous on the game, how do you stop them because they just seem to run through you, i've tried covering space but that leaves space for eto to jus run more and although messi isn't the quickest on the game its very hard to get the ball. Being patient and covering space works to a certain extent but i would say only wen you're in front or level, so if you go one behind what's the best method to tackle players like eto? Pressuring with square doesn't really work either he'll jus run straight through 8 times out of 10 and super cancel, don't know if i'm doing it right tbh but sometimes in a foot race i'll use it and they will get to the ball 1st but then jus kinda run past lol. The whole point is i'm a better player than he is but i'm losing games to those 2 players, he's jus a 2 man team but its almostl ike im powerless to stop it

Amateur

Apr 2009

England

Supports:

Liverpool

vCash
    This is excellent, i seem to have a problem defending and hopefully this should sort it out now
    Thanks Again to all those that wrote this guide
    Originally posted by forza_marco
    Not even Marco Di Vaio's mum would place him above Alessandro Del Piero.

Pure Class !

Retired Referee Curveball Champion

Nov 2005

Pokerstars

Supports:

Ezekiel 25:17

vCash

PSN ID: Please ask
    Glad it helped

Trialist

Feb 2005

glasgow, scotland

Supports:

newcastle united

vCash
    what an excellent read!
    huge kudos to those who have contributed in the creation of this thread, it is really helpful and I am really appreciative of it.
    thanks again.

Amateur

Apr 2008

Holland

Supports:

Ajax

vCash
    Yo keenan will you make video's to support your guide ? I read a long time ago you would do this, but too busy? It sure would be a great improvement to your guide. Cheers!

Nov 2005

Pokerstars

Supports:

vCash

I'm afraid I won't be anytime in the future.

Trialist

May 2009

Sweden

Supports:

Juventus

vCash
    yo!

Im totally new here and really signed up because I've been whooping all my friends at, only loosing when I've been really bored by the game. So my friend, we are four pokerplayers and have a office where we "work", challanged me to a prop bet where we played 20 games. If I win 5, I get my money back, if I win 6 I win the money. Only thing I can say is that there isn't a hell of load of money on stake, over $500, but it is the honour that matters here. So the money is irrelevent.

Well I played him the day before and we played 1-1 in games. We have special house rules. For this challenged we both got to pick 23 players, and as the noob I am I choosed a worse team and he took the only player I know how to play with; Etoo, which crippled me and have maid me loose 6 games in a row. So now I have to win at least one game per three games to even out, or win almost half of the games left.

I choosed following players (4-3-3 barca tactic) (He started picking);
    Goalkeepers; Cech, Casillas
    Defenders; Puyol, Terry, Abidal, Dani Alves, Nesta, Cordoba
    Midfield; X.Alonso, Vieira(lol), Kak, Xavi, M.Diarra (wat lol), Lampard
    Attack: Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, SW Phillips, Adriano, Torres

So after six games, I've noticed how crippled I am without my dear Etoo and he gave me the offer to get Etoo if I gave him two of my starting players. But he want either Puyol och Kaka in that deal. So I've thought a long while about giving him Kak/Terry, Kak/Ibra or something like that. Because Adriano and Ibra are to slow.

My playing style is really expoitable. I play on the corners and just dribble my way in the box and pass the ball backwards to etoo that normally would score. I am fairly new to the game since I think fifa has been better but everybody is playing PES and I hate loosing so obv I have to play it. I think that by using pure logic and adjusting to a players patterns, much simmillar to poker, you can beat all avrage-good player. Which I have been doing now for a while.

But this guy I am playing is thinking the same things as me and he has a good read on my game always covering the corners and he has really great defence. He is always the first person to the ball, even though I know about running to the ball and reading patterns, he just does EVERYTHING better. With Etoo I could beat him, but he took Etoo because he knows that I only can play with him. He is good with Drogba playing the ball to him.

So his gaming style is like this; Since he is good with Drogba he obv plays to the wings, but this isnt that much of a problem. The big problem is when he comes through the middle. When I come through the middle he always gets really close to me and gets the ball, doesnt matter how much I dribble or pull to the sides. But when he has the ball, it is really impossible to get it from him. He turns his back against my player that is applying the pressure (I dont hold the X, because this just makes it easy for him to round my players) and he moves really fast. I mean he litteraly has his back against me, moves really fast and just walks through my deffence making it impossible for me to get the ball.

Given my playing style and almost my whole gaming beeing around Etoo and NOT having him I have been really poor infront of the goal. I just can't seem to score. It is really impossible. I have until the 10th of June to play the rest of the 14 games, or I will lose the challange. As I said the money isn't important since we are friends and all. But it is the honour... and the fact that I hate loosing. But this is a very talanted individuall, but I truelly don't beleive he thinks I have it in my arsenal to go to this forum asking for help.

But anybody here that is awesome at PES, can you please give me some advice?

I will train on super cancel and use different tactics to change during the course of the game so that I can deffend if I have a 2-0 lead or something like that. I will try to get my game shaped up in a weeks time.

What more advice do you have for me?
    Is it wise to change Puyol/x or Kak/x for Etoo or can I somehow manage to use Adriano/Ibrahimovic as centers?

Our house rules are also that we play with random condition. If a player is hurt you can't take him out. If a player gets a red card, you can't move somebody there.

Ok this became a book. But I will work on my game. I hate loosing. It is the worst feeling in the world... and I will do my best to win the challenge.

holla!

Nov 2005

Pokerstars

Supports:

vCash

For a start, stop basing your game around one player. Doing this makes you easy to read and predictable in the long run. Playing through the wings constantly will probably be damaging your overall game as he'll have his defender moving there before you even pass.

Swap Puyol/someone and Get Ferdinand and Lucio in your defence. Best defenders in the game.

When up against Drogba you need to double up and try to read where he is going. He isn't the fastest so try to drop off and time your tackle.

Trialist

May 2009

Sweden

Supports:

Juventus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Keenandinho10 View Post
    For a start, stop basing your game around one player. Doing this makes you easy to read and predictable in the long run. Playing through the wings constantly will probably be damaging your overall game as he'll have his defender moving there before you even pass.

Swap Puyol/someone and Get Ferdinand and Lucio in your defence. Best defenders in the game.

When up against Drogba you need to double up and try to read where he is going. He isn't the fastest so try to drop off and time your tackle.
    Yes I know this is really stupid and untill I played this guy people have had very hard stopping me from the sides. And I really suck at finishing from middle.

But I saw one really good thing that I will take advantage of. Shooting then pressing the x button that cancells it. I read that if my opponent is pressuring me, then the player autotackles which almost always equals to an penalty. I can probably take good advantage of this and I will also apply doubble pressure against Drogba which is his favorite player.

But about the Puyol/x or Kaka/x change? This guy is really not gonna give me any edge, so I can almost forget about the getting his Ferdinand. Nobody has picked Lucio so I will talk with him about choosing another player and hope he agrees. But Puyol is a monster, but you are much better and experienced than me so I shall listen to u .

The reason I want Etoo is because he is very fast and can run with the ball if I give him long passes. Ibrahimovic and Adriano are very slow. And Torres sux. But if I play so that I play from the middle, where I have a bigger chance of scoring, then maybe they are good players for that spot?

The following days I will practise and try to learn the buttons properly. I will also follow the guides and tips on the site. If you have any now? It would be awesome?!

I have to crush him and will do anything to succeed.

Btw.. do you maybe wanna play a game?

If not.. anybody else up for a game so that I can practise? I wont obv give u an easy mtach.. so bring it on!

Youth Team

Oct 2008

Lytham St. Annes, England

Supports:

Sunderland

vCash
    PSN ID: Lolz0rdz
    Thank you for this guide, I was not aware of this "super cancel" thing but I am going to try it out now to see if it works.

Trialist

May 2005

SE London

Supports:

Man Utd

vCash
    Xbox Live Gamertag: BIGBallistixx PSN ID: Ballistixx
    i am one of those who simply try to outscore opponents...no wonder my ratings keeps falling faster than rain drops LOL keenan please tell me.... what button should i press when an attacker is coming at me...I usually stick my fingers on X.....Even it could be Eto/Messi/henry ( Usual Suspects) against 4 or 5 defenders and he will just skip through like no one was there please please please i am going thru my hair trying to find the root of these terrible defending

Trialist

May 2005

SE London

Supports:

Man Utd

vCash
    Xbox Live Gamertag: BIGBallistixx PSN ID: Ballistixx

Eto N Messi Show

Quote Originally Posted by Janneh View Post
    hey i've read a lot of the tips on this site and have tried to implement them in game to stop my mate running through and to an extent it works but Messi and Eto are ridulous on the game, how do you stop them because they just seem to run through you, i've tried covering space but that leaves space for eto to jus run more and although messi isn't the quickest on the game its very hard to get the ball. Being patient and covering space works to a certain extent but i would say only wen you're in front or level, so if you go one behind what's the best method to tackle players like eto? Pressuring with square doesn't really work either he'll jus run straight through 8 times out of 10 and super cancel, don't know if i'm doing it right tbh but sometimes in a foot race i'll use it and they will get to the ball 1st but then jus kinda run past lol. The whole point is i'm a better player than he is but i'm losing games to those 2 players, he's jus a 2 man team but its almostl ike im powerless to stop it
    You are not alone
    I have like 10 mates that just sit on Eto and Messi

its so hard to get ball off them

Oh lardy lardy

Pls if you find a way out

Holla

Part Timer

Jan 2007

South Africa

Supports:

Manchester United

vCash
    Great guide, karma added !
    OLD TRAFFORD PRAYER:
    "Lets be optimistic, Liverpool are going to win the the EPL sooner or later but if it does ever happen please let UNITED win the Champions League,FA Cup and the Carling Cup treble so in the end it wouldn't really matter..."

Trialist

Dec 2009

CYPRUS

Supports:

PES 3

vCash
    PSN ID: ss44canon33831

very good player

what about top speet

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information