Welcome to the PESFan - Pro Evolution Soccer Fansite.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

Ruch ChoRzow, Ajax Amsterdam

vCash
    PSN ID: machus82
    FA CUP SEMI-FINAL:
    Man City - Wigan Ath 0:1/ McCarthy41'.

* YEEEAAAH!!! We are in the big final of the FA Cup...

How we beat the Citizens?

In the second round of the season our starting eleven used to look like that:
    Kirkland - Stam, Alcaraz, Caldwell, Aaanholt - Diame - Moses, Watson, Maloney - Crusat, Long.
    We had to start the game against Man City without our five starters(!): Stam, Alcaraz, Caldwell(almost our whole defence), Moses, Watson. They all had their form arrows purple(I treat that like an injury) and had to rest.
    Very difficult task of beating City just become even harder... Fortunatly left back van Aanholt managed to return from his injury just in time to play.
    In the first half City dominated the game, with Balotelli and Aguero causing real troubles in our penalty box. Surprisingly our reserve central backs Piscu and Boyce played a very solid game, and in the late stages of the first half it was still 0:0.
    Then in the 41-st minute our left back van Aanholt started a counter-attack on the left wing. He managed to get a cross-in... Our striker Crusat went for a header, but simple could not reach the ball. Our right winger McCarthy was in the right place, and after his volley we were 1:0 up!
    I was anticipating Man City attacks right from the begining of the second half, but I was wrong. It was our side, that had the better chances in the second half(Crusat had his shot saved by Hart, and our substitute striker Callum McManaman hit the post). At the end it was just pure happiness! We are in the final, and we deserved it.
    We will meet the big Manchester UTD with Schmeichel, Keane and Cantona in squad.
    Last edited by macha82; 09-04-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    WEEKS 27-31:

27. Week:
    Standard Liege - Wigan Ath 1:3/ Leye62' - Long45', Gomez84, Kabze90'.

28. Week:
    Racing Genk - Wigan Ath 1:0/ Ogunjimi63'.

29. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Szelawce 1:0/ Rodallega65'.

30. Week:
    Jorudberg - Wigan Ath 0:0/

31. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Nitsaloskis 2:1/ Crusat34', Beausejour90' - Zburanolki55'.

* We have managed to play 24 games in a row without a defeat. Again, we were only one game away from the clubs record(25 games). Team that beat us was the Belgium side Racing Genk, after very evenly balanced game. We were simply unlucky...
    After a victory in our next league game against Szelawce, we could celebrate our promotion to the Premier League! Five league games before the end of the season, we had sixteen points advantage over the team in the fourth place. We want to give our best in the games left and end the season as a league winners.

In the meantime we are searching for players who can strengthen our squad before the next season. We gonna sign three players - a centre back, a right back, and a striker. After some research we completed a list of players, who are now our main targets for those positions. Still, it won't be easy to sign anyone of them as our club isn't a top adress in English football right now. We gonna try it, anyway...
    Here is a list of contenders:

Centre back: (name, club, age, nationality)
    Daniel Diaz(Getafe) 33, Argentinian.
    Fabiano Santacroce(Parma) 26, Italian.
    Marc Wilson(Stoke) 25, English.
    Kurt Zouma(St.Etienne) 17, French.
    Ronald Zubar(Wolves) 27, French.

Right back:
    Yoann Andreu(St.Etienne) 23, French.
    Loic Nego(Roma) 21, French.
    Samuel Rickets(Bolton) 31, Welsh.
    Danny Simpson(Newcastle) 25, English.

Striker:
    Nick Blackman(Blackburn) 23, English
    Peter Odemwingie(WBA) 31, Nigerian.
    Sylvio Rodelin(Lille) 23, French.
    Hilal Soudani(V.Guimaraes) 25, Algerian.
    Anthony Stokes(Celtic) 24, Irish.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by macha82; 27-03-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    WEEKS 32-34:

32. Week:
    Wigan Ath - HJK Helsinki 1:0/ Long 30'.

33. Week:
    Celtic Glasgow - Wigan Ath 1:0/ Samaras90'.

FA Cup Final:
    Manchester UTD - Wigan Ath 0:1/ Evans41'(own goal).

34. Week:
    AIK Stockholm - Wigan Ath 0:1/ Long 43'.

* Wigan Atheltic = FA Cup 2012 winners!!!
    We've made it! One of the biggest upset in the FA Cup history. Team from the Championship league wins again the Premier League giants. Match started very badly for us. In 20. minute our defensive midfielder Diame was sent off, after a late tackle on Roy Keane. In my opinon he deserved yellow card - nothing more. We were forced to play 10 vs 11 for the remaining 70 minutes of the match...
    Fortunatly our keeper Kirkland had a great first half, saving shots from Cantona(twice) and Rooney. We were only thinking about defending the goalless draw, no wonder I substituted one of our strikers(Long) and brought in a defensive midfielder(Thomas)... In 41. minute our left winger Beausejour was given free space. He took his chance, and after a solo rally delivered a cross to Rodallega. Colombian striker immediatly decided to shoot... The ball deflected off the UTD defender leg(Evans), and went in. Peter Schmeichel could do absolutely nothing...
    In the second half we were fighting for survival. Every player was defending, again Chris Kirkland in our goal was just fantastic, and we had tons of good luck. After the final whistle it was pure joy! We are the FA Cup Winners!
    And we gonna play in next year Europa Legue group stage...

* In the last four league games we were able to defend our first place in the table, although Celtic Glasgow was right behind us (they beat us 1:0 after very entertaining game). Celtic finished second(only one point behind us). Third team to gain promotion was Danish side FC Copenhagen.
    Top goalscorer was Celtic's super striker Henrik Larsson with 24 goals.
    There is only one player who deserves to be named our player of the season. It's Chris Kirkland. He won the rivarly with Al Habsi, and Nicholls and became our first goalkeeper. Very often he saved us from losing a goal, and made no real mistakes during the season. He is our captain and leader. Plus he's the only player in our current roster to ever play in English national team.
    Last edited by macha82; 28-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    SEASON 2011/12 STATS:

N-Power Champioship: (top 10):

1. Wigan Ath 79pts (24w-7d-3l) 49:14
    2. Celtic 78pts
    3. Copenhagen 65pts
    ----------------------
    4. Cantlesir 63pts
    5. Szelawce 56pts
    6. Genk 55pts
    7. Nitsaloskis 54pts
    8. Standard L. 51pts
    9. Odersteich 45pts
    10. Wondengine 44pts

Premier League:

1. Chelsea 81pts
    2. Aston V. 80pts
    3. Liverpool 77pts
    ------------------
    4. Man City 69pts
    5. Tottenham 68pts
    6. Man UTD 67pts
    7. Arsenal 63pts
    ------------------
    8. Everton 60pts
    9. Stoke 59pts
    10. Blackburn 57pts
    11. Bolton 52pts
    12. Fulham 49pts
    13. QPR 47pts
    14. WBA 43pts
    15. Newcastle 41pts
    16. Rangers 40pts
    17. Wolves 35pts
    ---------------
    18. Swansea 30pts
    19. Norwich 24pts
    20. Sunderland 23pts

Individual stats of Wigan Ath players: (games, goals, assists)

GK:
    Kirkland 28 games
    Nicholls 10 games
    Cooper 1 games

DC:
    Alcaraz 26 games 2 goals
    Caldwell 26 games
    Piscu 21 games
    Boyce 11 games
    Baxton 5 games

RB:
    Stam 35 games 1 assist
    Morris 2 games

LB:
    Van Aanholt 30 games 3 assists
    Mustoe 10 games 2 assists
    Figueroa 2 games

DMC:
    Diame 35 games 1 goal
    McArthur 17 games 2 goals 3 assists
    Thomas 9 games

RW:
    Moses 29 games 1 goal 7 assists
    McCarthy 25 games 1 goal 4 assists
    Jordi Gomez 14 games 2 goals 1 assist

LW:
    Maloney 23 games 6 assists
    Beausejour 21 games 2 goals
    Redmond 1 game

MC:
    Watson 28 games 8 goals 8 assists
    D. Jones 21 games 4 goals 1 assist

ST:
    Crusat 31 games 10 goals 2 assists
    Long 30 games 15 goals 1 assist
    Rodallega 30 games 8 goals 4 assists
    Kabze 13 games 1 goal 1 assist
    Di Santo 4 games
    McManaman 4 games

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    * It's negotiations time...

Like I've said, I needed three players before the new season begins: a centre back, a right back and a striker. After some hard work and precise scouting research I've managed to complete those signings.
    Our new centre back is Ronald Zubar. We signed Him from Wolves for 803k. His 27 years old, got some Premier League, and Ligue1(Ol. Marseille) experience. I'm sure He will be a big strengthening to our defence. Who knows, maybe even a first team starter...
    I'm very happy and proud we were able to signed Luca Ceccarelli for a right back position. We paid His former club Cesena 584k. 29-yeras old Italian has everything you could expect from a modern side back. It will be a real battle between him and Stam from a place in a starting eleven.
    Signing of a striker was the hardest task. We were negotiating with several players, without any positive effect. Finally we decided to sign Brasilian attacker Paulo Henrique, from Turkish club Trabzonspor. Transfer fee - 441k. Although Henrique is only 23-years old, he has already played in couple of European clubs(Belgian - Westerlo, Dutch - Heerenveen). Let's see what he can bring to our side...

On the other hand there is also someone who left our club. Maynor Figueroa could not accept his status as a substitue player, and requested to be transfer listed. I had no problem in that, because He was our fifth centre back at the moment. When we received a transfer offer from Spanish side Real Sociedad, we decided to let Him go. Transfer fee = 848k. Maynor - we wish You all the best.

There was also something I called "Alcaraz gate".
    From the begining of negotiations period, Atletico Madrid was trying to sign A. Alcaraz - our centre back and a true leader of whole our defence. Negotiations started at 1.2M, but we rejected this offer. The next one was at the 1.6M level, but still it wasn't enough for us, to let go one of our best players. Suddenly Alcaraz gets injured for 15 weeks! Which means He won't be able to play for the most of the first round of the season.
    Soon after that Atletico offers us 2.0M for(already injured at this moment) Alcaraz. And we had a dilemma... Alcaraz is 30 yeras old and this could be his last chance to signed contract at a really big club. Maybe we will never received that high offer for Him anymore. Plus - His injured, and won't play for almost 4 months...
    At the end I decided to... refuse this transfer offer. We need to keep our best players, if we want to avoid relegations. But I've promised Alcaraz, that if at the end of this season we will received another offer like this, we will let Him go.
    Last edited by macha82; 02-04-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    SEASON 2012/13:

Budget: 17.2M (+9.9M)
    Team Salary: 5.3M (-0.1M)
    Fans: 37.000 (+26.000)
    Ranking: 132. (+35)

SQUAD:
    (shirt number, name, nationality, age, rating, salary, years of contract left)

GK:
    Ch.Kirkland ENG 30 77 302k/1
    12. L.Nicholls ENG 19 72 75k/2
    25. C. Cooper ENG 19 62 89k/3

DC:
    R.Zubar FRA 27 77 250k/3
    3. A.Alcaraz PAR 30 80 310k/2
    5. G.Caldwell SCO 30 77 286k/1
    17. E.Boyce BAR 33 74 204k/2
    24. Piscu ESP 25 74 180k/1
    43. A.Buxton ENG 20 67 100k/3

RB:
    4. L.Ceccarelli ITA 29 76 230k/2
    23. R.Stam NED 28 69 270k/2
    46. C.Morris IRL 22 67 50k/1

LB:
    P.van Aanholt NED 22 78 150k/3
    45. J.Mustoe ENG 21 68 61k/1

DMC:
    H.Thomas HON 27 75 280k/2
    16. J.McArthur SCO 24 76 193k/2
    21. M.Diame FRA 25 76 260k/3

RM:
    J.McCarthy IRL 21 73 199k/4
    11. V.Moses ENG 21 75 208k/3
    14. J. Gomez ESP 27 75 193k/1

LM:
    S.Maloney SCO 29 71 199k/4
    87. F. Beausejour CHI 28 74 200k/2

MC:
    B.Watson ENG 27 81 300k/2
    19. D.Jones ENG 27 81 200k/3

ST:
    A.Crusat ESP 30 75 210k/1
    9. P.Henrique BRA 23 65 162k/1
    15. C.McManaman ENG 21 63 50k/3
    18. S.Long IRL 25 72 250k/1
    20. H.Rodallega COL 27 75 400k/1

TRANSFERS:

IN:
    L.Ceccarelli(Cesena) 584k
    R.Zubar(Wolves) 803k
    P.Henrique(Trabzonspor) 441k

OUT:
    M.Figueroa(Sociedad) 848k
    Last edited by macha82; 03-04-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    PRE-SEASON THOUGHTS:

* There could be no other target in the upcoming season than avoiding relegation. We manage to keep every important player from the past season, as we rejected every transfer offer adress to players from the first team(Atletico Madrid wanted Alcazar, CSKA Moscow tried to sign Watson, and Rodallega was tempted by Villareal). Plus we signed three new players to make our squad even stronger then last year. Premier League games aren't our only challange this season. As the current FA Cup winners, we will compete in the Europa League group stage. Im already looking forward to it, and can't wait for the tournament draw.

After the negotiations period, and couple of friendly games I decided who should be in our team's starting eleven.
    Our first goalkeeper simply has to be Chris Kirkland. He has had a magnificent last season and I expect the same this year. Our second goalkeeper is Lee Nicholls. If he remains patient and doesn't start complaining, he will be our next number one maybe some two, three years from now.
    Last season Antolin Alcaraz and Gary Caldwell did a great job, playing together in centre of our defence. Now as Alcaraz is seriously injured, I had to decide who will be Caldwell's partner. For now is the new-signing Roland Zubar, but Piscu is right behind Him.
    After some intensive thinking I've decided that our first choice right back will be Luca Ceccharelli. Italian player signed from Cesena is simlply a better player than Ronnie Stam at this moment. Stam played very well in the first half of last season, but in the second his form dropped. Let's see if he recovers and proves I have made wrong decision.
    No dilemma at the left back spot. Patrick van Aanholt has the potential to become one of the Premier League's top wing backs in the future. At the age of 22 he's one of the most talented players we got in our squad. Backup for van Aanholt is Jordan Mustoe.
    Mohamed Diame was our defensive midfielder last season, and his position in the first team is still very strong. Frenchmen not only plays very well when defending, but also often creates our attacks. Next in line are: Thomas and McArthur.
    On the right wing Victor Moses should be the one who shines bright like stars. But lately he is not... Although I still see a place for him in the starting eleven, both McCarthy and Jordi Gomez are very close behind him.
    Scottish left winger Shaun Maloney had he's form problems in the last season(often blue form arrows). But if he stays fit, than Chile international Beausejour will have to seat on the bench. Maloney still has that spark, flair and speed that can turn the game around.
    I have been thinking really hard about a central midfielder position. Both Ben Wilson and David Jones played very well everytime they got their chance. Finally I've decided that Wilson will play in the games in which we will play offensive fottball, and Jones will start in the games in which we will concentrate on counter-attack.
    In attack our striking duo are still: Hugo Rodallega and Shane Long(top scorer of the last season). Backup for Long is Albert Crusat, who proved he can play as a classic joker. Substitutes for Rodallega are: Hasan Kabze, and Brasilian Paulo Henrique(Signed from Trabzonspor).

Ok, game on!
    Last edited by macha82; 03-04-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    New season starts, and our starting eleven at the moment looks like this:
    Kirkland - Ceccharelli, Zubar, Caldwell, van Aanholt - Diame - Moises, Watson, Maloney - Long, Rodallega.

The draw for the Europa League group stage was completed. We will play in group B along side: Spanish - Malaga CF, German - Borussia Dortmund and Dutch - AZ Alkmaar. Borussia has to be named as our group favorites. They have a great team full of star players like: Sammer, Ricken, Haessller, Amoroso. I think we gonna fight for the second place with Malaga and AZ, with the Spanish team in a pole position spot.

WEEKS 1-5:

1. Week:
    Newcastle UTD - Wigan Ath 2:2/ Ameobi30', Lovenkrands76' - Long23', Rodallega90'.

2. Week:
    Chelsea - Wigan Ath 1:2/ Drogba78' - Rodallega28', Desailly 45'(own goal).

3. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Arsenal 0:0

Europa League:
    Malaga - Wigan Ath 0:3/ Crusat26', Long56', Zubar76'.

4. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Fulham 2:0/ Rodallega52', Watson90'.

5. Week:
    Q.P.R. - Wigan Ath 2:1/ B.Andrade57', 68' - Gabiddon48'(own goal).

* Very good start to this new season. In the first five league games we showed no fear and played our best football. Espacially in the away game against Chelsea - Premier League defending champions, we proved that we are capable of providing one or two big upsets. Goal scored by Rodallega was a real beautie, as he volleyed the ball home from outside the penalty box. The ball went in off the post, with Peter Cech having no chance what so ever. That goal really decided about the outcome of this match, and I have to admit we were simply the better team that day. It was already the second time we have beat The Blues - last season we have eliminated them from the FA Cup. They starting to really hate us...
    We lost our only league game thus far to QPR, but it was Arsenal who I think was the best team we met so far. We managed to hold on to a goalles draw, but we have to count ourselves very lucky. The Gunners had plenty of scoring opportunities, with: Bergkamp, Wright, Platt and Wallcot all over the place...
    At the monent we are in the first half of the table(ranked 8th) and I hope we can stay clear of the relegation zone till the end of the season.

* In the Europa League we played our first game away, against the Spanish side Malaga CF, with: Cazorla, Toulalan and Demichelis in their squad. Before the game I was thinking about a draw as a good result, but it was to be one of the best games, if not the best, Wigan had played under my managment. We simply crushed the Spanish team, and at the end of 90 minutes they should be lucky, that they have only conceded three goals. Man of the match: Albert Crusat - 30 years old striker from... Spain, who played over 100 games in Spanish Primeria Division in his career.

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    WEEKS 6-9:

6. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Blackburn 1:1/ Long32' - Formica61'.

Europa League:
    Wigan Ath - AZ Alkmaar 2:0/ P.Henrique2', 28'.

7. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Stoke 2:0/ Long64', McCarthy90'.

FA Cup:
    Nortovka - Wigan Ath 2:3/ Vorkomyrov11', 48' - Crusat45', P.Henrique80', Buxton89'.

8. Week:
    Manchester UTD - Wigan Ath 2:0/ Cantona52', Nani76'.

Europa League:
    Borussia Dortmund - Wigan Ath 0:0

9. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Glasgow Rangers 0:0

* Still in a a pretty good shape in the league games. Important win home against Stoke, after a very good defensive performance and clinical finish in the openent's penalty box.
    Our defeat 0:2 against Man UTD was very unlucky and undeserved. I have to say it was our team that dominated the game at the Old Trafford. But when you miss your goal opportunities, you often get punished. Our punisher was to be the great Eric Cantona himself. French star scored the first goal and assisted in the second.

In the Europa League we're doing even better than I expected. After a great away win against Malaga, we managed to beat AZ Alkmaar at home 2:0. Both goals were scored by our new striker Paulo Henrique. Brasilian striker is a big, tall guy, who knows how to use his physical attributes. Plus, just like every Brasilian player, he can dribble and hold on to the ball. I think we gonna see some great things from him in the future.
    In our next match we draw with Borussia Dortmund 0:0. The game was played in Germany, so I'm more than satisfied with one point. After three games, we're in a good position to advance to the second round!
    Last edited by macha82; 09-04-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    WEEKS 10-14:

10. Week:
    Celtic - Wigan Ath 0:0

Europa League:
    Wigan Ath - Borussia Dortmund 3:1/ Henrique30', McCarthy35', Long75' - Amoroso23'.

11. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Bolton 0:0

FA Cup:
    Wigan Ath - Liverpool 0:1/ Coates49'.

12. Week:
    Liverpool - Wigan Ath 3:1/ Barnes12', 16', Bellamy69' - Rodallega25'.

13. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Aston Villa 0:1/ Ireland78'.

Europa League:
    Wigan Ath - Malaga 0:2/ Cazorla11', van Nistelrooy79'.

14. Week:
    Copenhagen - Wigan Ath 0:2/ Rodallega34', 45'.

* Hard times for us in the Premier League lately. After a run of six consecutive games without a win(3 draws, 3 defeats), we moved down in the table, and were pretty close to the relegation zone. We found it difficult to score goals, and made some cardinal mistakes in defence. No wonder our away game against Copenhagen(18. place) was to be a real cracker. Finally we played very concentrated at the back and after two goals by Hugo Rodallega, we left the pitch as winners. Now we got six points advantage over relegation zone, and can breath more easily again.

In the Europa League we played some absolutely stunning football against Borussia Dortmund. We have beaten the Germans 3:1, even though we were without the majority of our first team players(due to international call-ups they were in a bad condition and with blue/purple form arrows).
    In the next match we lost to Malaga 0:2, after being the worse team in every aspect of the game. If we won't lose our next group game against AZ Alkmaar, we will finish in the top two and proceed in to the knockout stage!

Our FA Cup adventure has come to an end. After an evenly balanced game, we lost to Liverpool 0:1. Doni, Liverpoool's goalkeeper, had an outstanding game saving every ball that was hit in his direction. Winning goal for The Reds was scored by defender Coates, after a corner kick. FA Cup defending champions Wigan Ath - are out of the competition...

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    WEEKS 15-19:

15. Week:
    W.B.A. - Wigan Ath 1:5/ Brunt5' - Manton11'(own goal), Long41', 59', Diame77'.

16. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Wolves 1:0/ Rodallega5'.

Europa League:
    AZ Alkmaar - Wigan Ath 1:2/ Holman28' - Crusat43', Watson64'.

17. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Tottenham 0:1/ Sheringham63'.

18. Week:
    Man City - Wigan Ath 0:0/

19. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Everton 1:0/ Watson43'.

* Game against West Bromwich Albion has to be named as one of our best matches in the Premier League so far. Even though we were 0:1 down after only five minutes, we managed to turn things around and win 5:1. A special match for Shane Long. We signed the Irish striker last season from... West Bromwich, where he lost his place in the starting lineup. Now Long scored two beautyfull goals, wearing Wigan's jersey - sweeeet!
    In our meeting with Tottentham, referee gave two penalty kicks to The Spurs, in the space of only three minutes! The first one was saved by Kirkland, the second one missed as the ball went over the bar. Both times the penalty taker was Teddy Sheringham. Teddy finally did score, as he placed the ball in the net after an hour of play.
    We finished the first round of the season by beating Everton 1:0, and we are currently in the 9th position, ten points clear of the relegation zone. Well Done!

After beating AZ Alkmaar 2:1, we finished the group stage of the Europa League in the first position. Right behind us is Borussia Dortmund. Malaga and AZ Alkmar are out of te competition. Now we are waiting for the draw, that will decide which team we will meet in the next round.

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    * Some individual and team statistics after first half of the season:

Goals:
    7 Rodallega, Long, 4 Crusat, Paulo Henrique, 3 Watson, 2 McCarthy, 1 Buxton, Diame, Mustoe, Zubar.
    Assists: 4 Moses, 3 McArthur, McCarthy, Watson, van Aaanholt, 2 Long, Beausejour, Maloney, 1 Paulo Henrique, Ceccarelli, Gomez, Jones, Thomas, Crusat.

PREMIER LEAGUE:

1. Man UTD 42pts
    2. Arsenal 40pts
    3. Aston Villa 40pts
    4. Chelsea 39pts
    ---
    5. Liverpool 35pts
    6. Man City 34pts
    7. Newcastle 33pts
    ---
    8. Wigan Ath 28pts 7W-7D-7L 21:15
    9. QPR 26pts
    10. Everton 26pts
    11. Blackburn 25pts
    12. Rangers 25pts
    13. Tottenham 22pts
    14. Celtic 22pts
    15. Bolton 20pts
    16. Copenhagen 17pts
    17. Stoke 16pts
    ---
    18. WBA 16pts
    19. Wolves 15pts
    20. Fulham 11pts

Top goalscorer: 15 Shearer(Blackburn), 13 Dzeko(Man City), 12 Cantona(Man UTD)
    Assists: 8 Nani(Man UTD), Ginola(Tottenham).

Defending champions Chelsea in 4th place, but only 3 points behind leaders Man UTD. My favorites to win the tittle this season is Arsenal (currently second) - defenetly the best team we've played against so far. Not a good season for Tottenham, even though they have a great squad full of stars. What about Fulham? Some terrible football played by them so far, and they are last with only eleven points!
    We have finished the first round of the season in 8th position, with 12 points advantage over relegation zone and only 5 points behind the 7th place (which is rewarded with the start in the next year Europa League edition).

CHAMPIONSHIP:
    1. Norwich
    2. Genk
    3. Sunderland
    Last edited by macha82; 25-04-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    * In the negotiations period I have decided to sign a player, who could bring some quality on the left wing. Both our left wingers Maloney and Beausejour, had an average first half of the season. I needed a spark in this department, and I have found one! I've managed to sign Diego Buonanotte. Little Argentinian has been without a club for almost half a year, after he had left Spanish side - Malaga CF. I've convinced Him to sign a two year contract, and His wage would be 568k (the biggest in our team). His 24-years old (rating 69), and His football skills are simly great. He could be our biggest star in the near future. The only problem is His form, I've heard He very often has a blue/purple form arrow...
    There is also a second player who joined our side. From our youth academy we have promoted a young Portugeese striker named... Nuno Gomes. He's only 16-years old, and with overal rating at 62 could grow in to a real good player.

WEEKS 20-24:

20. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Newcastle 0:0/

21. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Chelsea 0:0/

22. Week:
    Arsenal - Wigan Ath 1:0/ Wright21'.

23. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Fulham 2:0/ Crusat45', Watson62'.

24. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Q.P.R. 0:1/ Bothroyd9'.

* Not a good start of the second round of the season. Goaless draws against dangerous sides like Newcastle and Chelasea were OK. But our home defeat against average QPR was a real disaster. Luckilly we were able to beat rock-bottom side Fulham... Our form has to grow, and we have to start scoring some goals! We're solid at the back - that's the only good news thus far...

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    Weeks 25-29:

25. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Blackburn 0:0/

26. Week:
    Stoke - Wigan Ath 2:1/ K.Jones45', 57' - P.Henrique16'.

Europa League:
    Wigan Ath - Sporting Lisabon 0:0/

27. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Man UTD 3:1/ Zubar1', Buonanotte28', Moses34' - Cantona60'.

Europa League:
    Sporting Lisabon - Wigan Ath 0:1/ Watson5'.

28. Week:
    Rangers - Wigan Ath 0:1/ Maloney78'.

29. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Celtic 1:2/ D.Jones72' - Samaras51', Larsson82'.

* In the Premier League, after only one win in seven games, we shocked the big Manchester UTD. We played our best football and in the first half we simply crushed the Red Devils. Before sir Alex Ferguson's face turned purple, we were already 3:0 up! In the second half we were concentrated enough to defend our lead (although Cantona did score for UTD). BIG win, and BIG three points.
    In the next league game we won against Rangers, and our advantage over the relegation zone is again pretty big - which gives us some calm and good feeling before the games to come.
    Right know our first eleven looks like that:
    Kirkland - Ceccarelli(Stam), Piscu, Zubar(Alcaraz), van Aanholt - Diame - Moses, Watson(Jones), Buonanotte - Long, Rodallega.

In the Europa League's knockout round we faced the Portugeese side Sporting Lisbon. Thanks to a very good defensive play, we were able to remain clean sheet in both - home and away games. Goal scored by Ben Watson in Portugal became our ticket to the next round, where we will face the French team Lille...

Amateur

Nov 2009

ChoRzow, Poland

Supports:

vCash
    WEEKS 30-34:

Europa League:
    Lille - Wigan Ath 2:1/ Hazard19', De Melo27' - Zubar32'.

30. Week:
    Bolton - Wigan Ath 0:0/

Europa League:
    Wigan Ath - Lille 1:0/ Alcaraz63'.

31. Week:
    Wigan Ath - Liverpool 2:3/ Buonanotte52', Nuno Gomes61' - Okocha4', McCarthy9'(own goal), Henderson31'.

Europa League:
    Atletico Madrit - Wigan Ath 2:2/ Torres3', Kiko15' - Santon19'(own goal), Rodallega87'.

32. Week:
    Aston Villa - Wigan Ath 3:3/ Cuellar30', Agbonlahor41', Bierhoff74' - Delph69'(own goal), Cuellar84'(own goal), D.Jones88'(penalty).

Europa League:
    Wigan Ath - Atletico Madrit 0:2/ Diego52', Kiko57'.

33. Week:
    Wigan Ath - FC Copenhagen 2:1/ P.Henrique8', Diame47' - N'Doye78'.

* Five games left to play in the Premier League, and for sure we gonna stay in it for at least another season! Avoid relegation - mission completed.
    We lost to Liverpool - again! Third game against Them this season, and third defeat... This time after only 30 minutes played, we were already 0:3 down. We just couldn't stop the mighty Jay-Jay Okocha - Nigerian playmaker sign by The Reds before this season. Even though we've managed to score two goals, it wasn't enough to win at least one point.
    We did win one point in a game against Aston Villa(2nd place in the table at that time). It was a very strange match, in which we were losing 0:2, and 1:3 but still manage to come back. I must say the referee was doing absolutely everything He could to help The Villans(Agbonlahor scored a goal after a clear foul on our defender, plus we were denied a penalty kick after our striker was brought down in the peanlty box). Two Aston Villa players conceded own goals, unfortunatly one of them(defender Cuellar) also manage to put the ball in the right net...

* In the Europa League we were in some big troubles in the first game against Lille. After only half an hour of play the French side was 2:0 up, totally dominated the match. I was affraid that we will lose more goals and every chance of advancing to the next round, before the second leg even starts... Suddenly out of nowhere, our centre back Zubar scored a goal after a corner kick, and the score didn't change.
    After 1:2 away defeat, we began the 2nd leg full of belief we could advance to the next round. We decided to play very patient, simply waiting for that one, golden opportunity. It came in the 63. minute, and the hero was to be our defender Alcazar, who scored the winning goal with a header.
    In the quarter final we've met Atletico Madrit. First leg was played in Spain and again started very bad for us. After only 15 minutes we were 0:2 down, dead and burried. But again we managed to stand up and fight! At the end the score was 2:2, and we fully deserved the draw.
    In the second leg we needed only a goalles draw to advance to the semi finals. Unfortunatly we weren't even close to achieve it. Atletico played football from another dimension. We couldn't find a way to break a very agressive pressing set by the Spanish side. Attacking duo: Torres-Kiko, plus the creative mindfielder Diego were testing our defence one time after another. Finally in the 52. minute Diego did score. Five minutes later Kiko did the same and it was all over... Our great adventure in the Europa League has come to an end. We reached the quarter finals, which I think is a great result. We go out without any regreds, with our heads up!
    Last edited by macha82; 28-04-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information