Welcome to the PESFan - Pro Evolution Soccer Fansite.
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    1st Team Regular

Oct 2004

Yorkshire

Supports:

Leeds Utd

vCash
    PS3 Gamer Tag: nebraska55

Post Burton Albion : Rise Of The Brewers!

Hi guys,this is my new Master League story for PES 2017. You might remember i was at Rotherham last year - taking them from the bottom of the Championship to being double Premier League Champions! (link in my sig)

The reason ive chosen Burton this time is because its a great story - a club only just founded in 1950,just got to the 2nd tier of football for the first time in their history - and theyve NEVER been in the top tier,the Premiership,which is where i hope to take them!!

I have a long term plan of bringing some of the young stars of the Premier League to 'The Brewers',something for the fans to never forget. I have some targets in mind but obviously this is quite a long way off as i wont be able to lure them until i get out of this very hard league - the Championship.

At first iam going to have to work with what i have in the squad,it will be a struggle - Burton are rated only 1.5 stars,one of the lowest ranked teams in the Championship.

Ive decided to set myself some rules to up the challenge - i WONT be taking any loan signings,just permanent ones - which puts more pressure on me to get the signing right,with what little budget we have.

Im hoping to make some players 'club legends' ...players that come out of nowhere and guide the club to new heights. Martinez was a player at Rotherham last year who did that,for example.

Matches will be 10 miniutes long and im starting on Professional difficulty for now. If i feel its not right,i will up it to Top Player.

I will be posting the full squad up and financial situation soon.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

1st Team Regular

Oct 2004

Yorkshire

Supports:

Leeds Utd

vCash

So lets look at the squad - players that stand for me -

Turner at CB looks pretty solid as a starting base defender.
    Brayfords speed at RB.
    Williamson in the middle of the park with 77 passing could be a key playmaker.
    Reilly & Choudhury's pace of 76 im midfield looks useful,if we can them on the flanks for crosses. At 19,Choudhury has potential to grow quite a lot.
    Dyer potentially looks to be a dangerous player,with a speed of 91 he is the quickest,and could be a real threat on tht left side. He is 34 years old so could retire anytime!
    Looking up front,Ward looks to be the main man with good speed & dribbling. He is the highest overall at 76.
    Beavon also looks a good finisher & O'Grady looks a real handful in physicality.

To me,Goalkeepers & defence look to be the weakest part of the team,which is a worrying thought! Its an ageing squad aswell...12 players are 28 yo or over..

1st Team Regular

Oct 2004

Yorkshire

Supports:

Leeds Utd

vCash
    Ok well ive just looked in-game at the Burton squad and theres a few key players missing from that list....that PESmaster roster must be old. Im using the PES world option file. Which makes the challenge even greater as we are the lowest ranked team in the championship!!!

No Dyer,no Ward,no O'Grady,no Brayford,no Williamson....

1st Team Regular

Oct 2004

Yorkshire

Supports:

Leeds Utd

vCash
    Ok,well having realised my squad situation is far worse,i quickly went out and made my first 2 signings!

Sinclair (68) [CF]
    Gallarjo (67) [AMF]

Sinclair will go straight up front - with an ageing Beavon forced to make way. Callejo goes straight into the AMF role as a playmaker.....could these two be future Burton legends??
    Last edited by nebraska; 28-09-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Trialist

Mar 2005

Reading

Supports:

Arsenal

vCash
    Looking forward to this. Have been waiting for a Master League story i can read whilst at work, can't quite get away with watching a video series!

7. The following user likes this post:

1st Team Reserve

Jan 2006

The Netherlands

Supports:

Indiana Pacers / Feyenoord

vCash
    360 Gamer Tag:
  Optimus Nero
    Damn this team really sucks bro hahaha.

Going to be hard, wish you all the best! Nice signings, hopefully you can finish top 6 to make a shot at the Premier League!

9. The following user likes this post:

1st Team Regular

Oct 2004

Yorkshire

Supports:

Leeds Utd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apollopovey View Post
    Looking forward to this. Have been waiting for a Master League story i can read whilst at work, can't quite get away with watching a video series!
    Cheers mate,hope you enjoy reading the progress! Can see this first season being quite ugly hehe,really gonna have to grind some results out!

1st Team Regular

Oct 2004

Yorkshire

Supports:

Leeds Utd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant00 View Post
    Damn this team really sucks bro hahaha.

Going to be hard, wish you all the best! Nice signings, hopefully you can finish top 6 to make a shot at the Premier League!

Yeah,its the lowest ranked team in the league at 1 star. I cant sign anymore players due to my salary budget being just 95k now.

I think a mid table finish will be a realistic target...

International Player

Nov 2010

wherever i lay my hat

Supports:

Ron Swanson

vCash
    PS3 Gamer Tag: bilber
    Quote Originally Posted by nebraska View Post
    Ok well ive just looked in-game at the Burton squad and theres a few key players missing from that list....that PESmaster roster must be old. Im using the PES world option file. Which makes the challenge even greater as we are the lowest ranked team in the championship!!!

No Dyer,no Ward,no O'Grady,no Brayford,no Williamson....
    In my master league Barnsley are stuck to the bottom of the table, by far the worst team, while Burton are holding a respectable mid table position and beat me 3-1 in the return fixture (I beat them 3-1 at home) to end the winning streak I was on.
    I know words, I have the best words

13. The following user likes this post:

1st Team Regular

Oct 2004

Yorkshire

Supports:

Leeds Utd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bilber View Post
    In my master league Barnsley are stuck to the bottom of the table, by far the worst team, while Burton are holding a respectable mid table position and beat me 3-1 in the return fixture (I beat them 3-1 at home) to end the winning streak I was on.
    Barnsley were actually my other choice as a ML team as they are a local side from Yorkshire. I notice that they are one of the lowest ranked aswell. Burtons team stats is 56-56-56 which is shocking ha!

1st Team Regular

Oct 2004

Yorkshire

Supports:

Leeds Utd

vCash
    This is my starting XI for the season :

Mclaughlin 62

Flanagan 61
    O'Connor 62
    McCrory 63
    Maynard 66

Butcher 64
    Choudhury 58
    Gallarjo 67
    Duffy 63

Sinclair 68
    Walker 61

1st Team Reserve

Jan 2006

The Netherlands

Supports:

vCash
    360 Gamer Tag:
  Optimus Nero
    How old is Gallarjo?

1st Team Regular

Oct 2004

Yorkshire

Supports:

Leeds Utd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant00 View Post
    How old is Gallarjo?
    Hes 20 i think - i looked for under 21 players who are out of contract in the search terms. I only have 700K in funds so was looking avoid paying a transfer fee for now. Hes just made a massive impact in the first match!!

1st Team Regular

Oct 2004

Yorkshire

Supports:

Leeds Utd

vCash

Burton 2-1 Reading

S.Quinn 11' (Alex)

Walker 31' (Choudhury)
    Gallarjo 58' (Sinclair)

What a win in our first game - and in front of the fans at the Pirelli stadium!! Theres no doubting this is going to be tough,as was pointed out when Quinn scored a header from a corner to give them the lead.

But sheer determination & grit got us through here,Choudhury is rated at a lowly 58,but he was actually our brightest spark - plus he has the biggest afro ever!! He put in a great cross for Walker to score our first goal of this story,a flicked finish past the keeper.

Into the 2nd half and they made an error in defence which allowed Sinclair to put new signing Gallarjo clean through - the keeper charged out,but he dinked it over with a wonderful finish for the winner!! I will be putting clip of this goal up soon - a memorable moment!

We came under pressure after,Quinn smashing a post with a strike - but we held on for a very famous first win!! Reading seems to be a lower half team to me....we will see.

19. The following 2 users like this post:

1st Team Reserve

Jan 2006

The Netherlands

Supports:

vCash
    360 Gamer Tag:
  Optimus Nero
    Nice win! Good signings haha.

I started my ML as well, can you guess my team?

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information