Welcome to the PESFan - Pro Evolution Soccer Fansite.
    Trialist

Dec 2017

United Kingdom

Supports:

Birmingham City

vCash
    Playing offline once server closed

I've recently returned to gaming after a LONG break. My last console was a PS2 playing tiger woods golf and PES and not much else. I was never any good, but it kept me entertained!

So I have now got a PS4 and of course everything has advanced .... lots more functions, online modes etc etc

I bought PES2015 just as a starter, as it was only £5, and I wanted to see whether gaming still held any appeal. I have realised that the server closed in 2016, and the server for PES2016 has just closed too.

So my question is this - does it matter if the servers are closed? Can I still play the game in some way, saving progress on the console? I don't want to play with other people online, I'm not fussed about getting updated players etc (if that is an option).

All I want to do is play tournaments, or leagues, save progress. Buying and selling players would be nice too!

Or do I HAVE to be online in this day and age, and this have to replace my PES version each time the server closes?

Thanks folks.

1st Team Regular

Dec 2010

Athens

Supports:

West Ham

vCash

PS3 Gamer Tag: BigPapi_GR
    Quote Originally Posted by sh1te_gamer View Post
    I've recently returned to gaming after a LONG break. My last console was a PS2 playing tiger woods golf and PES and not much else. I was never any good, but it kept me entertained!

So I have now got a PS4 and of course everything has advanced .... lots more functions, online modes etc etc

I bought PES2015 just as a starter, as it was only £5, and I wanted to see whether gaming still held any appeal. I have realised that the server closed in 2016, and the server for PES2016 has just closed too.

So my question is this - does it matter if the servers are closed? Can I still play the game in some way, saving progress on the console? I don't want to play with other people online, I'm not fussed about getting updated players etc (if that is an option).

All I want to do is play tournaments, or leagues, save progress. Buying and selling players would be nice too!

Or do I HAVE to be online in this day and age, and this have to replace my PES version each time the server closes?

Thanks folks.
    You can still play the game. You won't have access to the online features, but yes, you will be able to play matches, master league and all other offline modes.

Thread Information