Welcome to the PESFan - Pro Evolution Soccer Fansite.

User Tag List

1st Team Reserve

Sep 2002

Banstead

Supports:

PES1

vCash
    Formation/Tactic settings

There are a few things I would like to see changed to the formation/tactic side of things. Those who don't go indepth in their formations should probably understand still.

I like to play old school tactics so:

I would like to set my formation so that there are no LB & RB runs. This is what my wingers are for. I know you can have it as a strategy but usually it happens anyway. Even if you set their attack attitude to face your goal.

I would like to edit clusters of players in the edit position section, not just 1 player at a time. Say I need to shift my right side up the pitch a little, I could then do so with ease.

I would like to set an area where a player will not move out of. I've seen my right forward run all over the place and would also help with the next idea.

I would like to set the defense attitude/stance to none (why low?) so my attacker wont track back and defend. I usually hit change cursor to try and get a midfielder to pick up the opposing player but the attacker still tracks back and there is no one in his position to knock the ball to in a counter attack. I am not pressing my button for another player to press the oppenent either. I suppose this with the idea above would stop the attacker from tracking out of his set area.
    If a forward does intend to track back then a midfieler or winger should then move up to semi cover that position.

I would also like to see the manual team attack/defense attitude buttons change back to how they where. I'm using the xbox PES4 but the PS2 controls were L2 & L1/R1, towards your goal for defense, away for attack. Now it is the xbox equivalent but if your the playing from right screen to left screen, towards opponents goal = defense, towards your goal = attack. So in essance it is reversed. Not sure if it was meant to be programed like this but at times I do set it wrong but only because I can't break my habit of using the old control style.

Thanks for listening. You know it makes sense.
    My Previous PES Suggestions 1,2,3,4,5

Tic-Tac sir?

1st Team Reserve

Sep 2002

Banstead

Supports:

PES1

vCash
    I would also like to see a quicker implementation of the off side trap when a corner has taken place. Usually just after the corner has been taken, I use the offside strategy to try to push the back line up but the defender is still on the post even when the ball is rolling out of the area.

Tic-Tac sir?

1st Team Reserve

Sep 2002

Banstead

Supports:

PES1

vCash
    I would also like to see a counter-man marking level for trying to shake and break away from the man marker. I'm not sure whether you should be able to see if your opponent is man marking your players or not but maybe we should be able to set a normal or aggresive level for this. Obviously using a little more stamina & energy during the game.
    Or even set this up as a new strategy feature.

Tic-Tac sir?

Sent Off

Feb 2005

Right Here

Supports:

Arsenal

vCash
    Nice points there bert plaratu.......the game would really be deep if they had more improved tatics and eveything like you put down.

1st Team Regular

Oct 2004

I N G E R L A N D

Supports:

COYS!!!!!!!

vCash
    Anyone remember the Kick Off 2 (Player Manager) editor?

You put in 12 different strategies for when the ball was in different parts of the pitch. Worked an absolute treat!

1st Team Reserve

Sep 2002

Banstead

Supports:

PES1

vCash
    I would also like to see an onside strategy so that when used, your offside player gets back onside.
    It would also be good that when you set up your player marking it will save them when you stock your formation rather than reset each time.

Tic-Tac sir?

1st Team Reserve

Sep 2002

Banstead

Supports:

PES1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bert plaratu View Post
    I would also like to see an onside strategy so that when used, your offside player gets back onside.
    WOW, didn't mean to bump this thread but I've just read in a FIFA forum that you can use LT+RT to pull a player back from an offside position if the ball is heading his way.
    Last edited by bert plaratu; 01-10-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: added link to fifa forum

Tic-Tac sir?

Thread Information